Hledejte v chronologicky řazené databázi studijních materiálů (starší / novější příspěvky).

My favourite writer or book

1) The role of literature in life, what reading gives us
2) Reading of magazines, newspaper, cartoons
3) Genres
4) British and American writers
5) Me and literature

I have a chosen the question number 5 – My favourite writer or book. Everybody reads something. Somebody reads magazines, newspaper, cartoons or some dictionary or encyclopaedia. We read for learning something new or for fun. When we read, we make our word-stock better.
We can cull from wide products of magazines – for woman, about computers or about science. Adults read mostly newspaper like Economic newspaper, Catholic weekly paper, People´s newspaper or Young Front Today. I think it´s a little boring. Children read mostly cartoons. There are many pictures and a few of words and it´s not difficult to read it. Czech cartoon magazine is f.e. Čtyřlístek.
The genres of poetry are lyric poetry like hymn, epic poetry like ballad or epos. The genres of drama are tragedy or comedy. The genres of prose are story, short story, novel, horror, science fiction, biography, crime story and so on. I like biography and drama.
British writers are for example Charles Dickens, Joanne Rowling, Jonathan Swift, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien, Herbert George Wells, Agatha Christie and others.
American writers are for example Edgar Allan Poe, Jack London, Ernest Hemingway, William Faulkner, Jack Kerouac or Allen Ginsberg.
Sinclair Lewis, William Faulkner, Ernest Hemingway and G.B. Shaw, they got the Nobel Prize in Literature. Pulitzer Prizes are a serie of 21 awards for outstanding achievements in drama, letters, music and journalism but only for American publishers. It was established by the will of Joseph Pulitzer, publisher of the New York World, awarded annually since 1917 by Columbia University on the recommendation of The Pulitzer Prize Board. The publication should be about living in USA. Sinclair Lewis, John Steinbeck, Ernest Hemingway and William Faulkner they got the Pulitzer Prize. In 2009 Elizabeth Strout got the Pulitzer Prize.
 I think that people read now less than in the past. They would rather watch TV or play computer. I like reading, but I have the problem, that I haven´t enough time to do it. But now I don´t have enough time for it. I can read only before I go to sleep, but then I´m very tired, so I can read only a few pages. So I read only newspapers or magazines f. E. About housing or some newspaper with gossips (AHA!, Blesk, etc.). I often read it in the Internet.
Today, I haven´t my favourite writer, because of the time, I have spoken about it. But I like the writer Arthur Hailey. He was a British/Canadian novelist. He was born on 5.th April 1920 in Luton in England and he died on 24.th November 2004. He lived on Bahamas and there he died. Many of his books have reached on the New York Times bestseller list and more than 170 million copies have been sold worldwide in 40 languages. Many have been made into movies and Hotel was made into a long-running television series. Airport became a successful movie with dramatic visual effects. His works: Runway Zero-Eight, The Final Diagnosis, In High Places, Hotel, Airport, Wheels, The Moneychangers, Strong Medicine, The Evening News and others.  

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat